Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Global Cooling

Night Rider

Almost autumn-like, temperature-wise, so far this week. I donned the leather coat, jeans instead of shorts, and went for a brisk night ride on my trusty Honda up to Noho for a coffee. The streets of Northampton were pretty quiet in the early evening, a combination of the cool-down and the fact it was Tuesday night.


There was this guy playing some great guitar outside Sam's though.


It was the first time since spring that I drank a hot coffee rather than an ice coffee. Sadly portentous fact, I thought. But this little cool-down is just a reminder of what's coming, there's still plenty of summer left.




Food, Farm, Fuel


Marietto's Apollo Pizza in Belchertown, good stuff.




The other day I stumbled upon these two hillbillies working their land. I beat a hasty retreat when they informed me "y'all ar truss-passin' in muh lann". Ever since that new eminent domain law, the suburbanites have gotten testy.







Finally, here's some more teasing from the Oil Cabals, part of their carrot and stick tactic as they condition us for permanent $3 and up gas...



No comments: