Monday, February 2, 2009

Horses Of A Different Color

Just a quick tribute to my brothers in this bizarre life; (some captured here recently, midway through a rollicking game of Risk...the Sega video game version...played for money, of course)...





I've travelled with some of these guys through the all-important, formative early teenage years which for better or worse forever influenced our individual personalities and future outlooks. Later, as more people brought in their additional interests, agreements, disagreements, and ideas, the group became bigger and more reinforced...I have had the good fortune of having these great friends for most of my life; people who I can completely trust, (and who can tolerate me)...

The ridiculous lack of free time, with all the commitments and conflicting schedules of somber-minded adulthood, may allow fewer opportunities to get together to debate and drink and poke fun and discuss and laugh. Surviving the daily rigmarole, (or if we're lucky, succeeding in the rigmarole), has a way of inhibiting the living of this short life as it should be lived; with friends and family close by.

But luckily the group has always been there for the rare, opportune get-together; ready to pick up wherever we left off. And that's a priceless card to have in your deck.

Horses of different colors but of the same herd...



And I'm glad to be a part of it.

5 comments:

Mary E.Carey said...

Heartwarming. You're lucky to have a bunch of friends and to have happened to have that photo of horses with different colored-coats to go with your post. Nice!

Tony said...

Mary I am lucky on both counts. That horse picture kind of sparked the idea for the post...

Tony said...

Jacqueline, thank you so much for your consideration. I'll proudly take that baton and pass it on to some of my own favorites. Thanks again and continued good writing with your excellent blogs...(especially New England Travels, one of my favorites..!)

peacesojourner said...

I moved from Western Mass almost two years ago and now live in Western New York, another beautiful place. I really enjoyed the photos of previous messages - made me feel homesick.

I agree it is nice to be able to hang out with people who know you so well that you can just be you.

Congratulations on the award.

Tony said...

Thanks sojourner, I know western NY is indeed lovely. Any time you need some pioneer valley views, come on by the site..!