Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Vanilla With Sprinkles

The road up Skinner Mountain is now open until 8 pm. I scooted up there Monday, for an always quick and easy bird's eye view. At the top I was greeted with this classic looking fighter airplane, with military markings on it, buzzing overhead in a circle around the Summit House, before flying back into the sunset.





Best Days Of The Year

Every year, I take May 7th off of work, and do something I enjoy. This year, the plan is hopefully to do some kayaking somewhere. So Wednesday, if all goes according to plan, I might be down there...



...just a small speck slowly gliding along, on that long strip of silver...

Ice Cream weather is back. Two examples:







B-Level Heroes Of Old

Tuesday is six dollar day at the Showcase Cinemas in Springfield. My cousin Nuno picked me up for a viewing of latest comic book-turned mega movie; Iron Man.



I'm glad I went. It was entertaining all the way through. The special effects are simply state of the art, realistically done, and plentiful. The action takes place to heavy guitar riffage, to further emphasize the modern slant to the classic hero. Jeff Bridges I think is always excellent, and Gweneth Paltrow is a class act as always. Robert Downey was a tailor fit for this part. Marvel comics did good with this adaptation. I'll rank it with the first X-Men and Batman Begins, as the three best super-hero adaptations so far...

2 comments:

Mary E.Carey said...

Why do you always take May 7 off? Is it your birthday

Tony said...

(index finger on end of nose)