Thursday, August 14, 2008

How Green Is My Bark Park

The middle component of our Saturday triple-play, from the Oxbow boat show to Huntington's Littleville Lake, involved a quick jaunt through Northampton's dog park, to allow the canine to stretch his legs...

But first we stopped at Mimmo's on Pleasant St., for a quick refuel...





This guy waited patiently for table scraps...



At the dog park, the Biblical rainfall we've been having has taken a toll on some of the trails. Deep gouges have been weathered into them...



A bug's eye view:



The bug doing the viewing:



I know, I've got bugs on the brain lately. I think I'm just going through a phase, where I'm exploring the capabilities of the macro setting on the camera...Here's another one, while I'm at it:



Enough with the smaller things...On to bigger pastures.







The Mill River was fairly populated Saturday afternoon. The extra scents were sending the dog's unbounded excitement ever skyward...





This guy decided too cool his heels and keep his distance from the maniacal Miniature Pinscher.



This couple had an ingenious idea: Why walk the dog, when you can swim the dog...



A refreshing little walk, but it was time to head out...



We were late for our meet-up with brand-new Blogger Tom Daponde, and I had to get up there quick, lest he takes all the pictures, and leaves none for me....

1 comment:

Mary E.Carey said...

Good bug pics! That first one is nasty. Thanks for pointing out Radar Check.